Safeguarding Information for All
This page is for parents / carers, students and staff. It contains useful links to external sites, agencies and support in areas information and awareness in a range of issues.
The Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) for our schools are:
Mr Alan Johnson
Mr Martyn John
Mrs Lisa Jevons
Medical and Student Welfare Officer
Mrs Ann Price
The following staff support the Designated Safeguarding Leads – Miss Lissa Rogers (Director of Sixth Form) and Ms Karen Steger (SEN Inclusion Lead).
Newent Community School and Sixth Form Centre is committed to safeguarding all students and we react to current trends and issues. In this area you can find links to a number of documents and websites giving information, support and advice for a wide range of safeguarding issues, for students, parents, carers and staff to access.
- www.inourhands.com – New guide for parents who are copying with their child’s selfharm
- www.familylives.org.uk – Understanding how your teen communicates with others online
- www.theparentzone.co.uk – Making the internet work for families
- www.alcoholeducationtrust.org – Family Talk newsletter
- www.parentinfo.org – Free service providing expert, up-to-date content on a wide range of topics including online safety, family life, sex and relationships
- www.disabledandsupportivecarer.co.uk – Page 6 and 7 provides information on Newent’s involvement in the Dementia Friends project
- www.saferinternet.org.uk – E-safety tips, advice and resources to help children and young people stay safe on the internet